When we sat down back in March to discuss plans for VMworld, we toiled between two seemingly-opposed extremes: (1) Showing-off the product, and (2) Having a blockbuster theme. Last year, we felt we had a pretty neat theme, but frankly we failed to make central our software. This year, we've devised and executed a concept that not only drives at the very soul of our algorithm, but also wrapped it in a contest that's pretty dang awesome IMHO.
At VMT, we define a Desired State as an elusive state in which application performance is assured while infrastructure utilization is maximized. VMTurbo uses a market-based algorithm that continuously determines Which workloads must live Where When and under What configuration in order to establish a Desired State. Oh yeah, and it automates the actions necessary to maintain a Desired State.
But let's take a step back. What's YOUR Desired State? For me, it's sailing the Caribbean seas with my wife aboard a beautiful cruise ship for 8-10 days - or as long as time and money will permit us. For others, it might be an excursion to Kilimanjaro, a tour across the Hawaiian islands, or an Antarctic expedition. This year, we're giving away a Desired State Dream Vacation (two, actually) to celebrate our customers' Desired States - current, emerging, and yet to be.
There are a number of ways to enter the “Find Your Desired State” at VMworld contest, including:
- Visiting Booth #505 during VMworld 2015 expo hours and be scanned by a VMTurbo staff member
- Participating in the “human vs. machine challenge” at VMworld Booth #505
- Attending our VMworld VIP Cocktail Party at The Drake in downtown San Francisco on Monday, August 31st
- Registering yourself or a friend for the Green Circle community. All new sign ups through September 2nd will receive an entry
- Following and engaging with VMTurbo on social media – tell us what your desired state is using #desiredstate:
Click here for more information on the contest, from additional prizes to terms and conditions, and don’t forget to tell us what your #desiredstate is!
Our booth will also feature 17 scheduled presentations, from Technology Partners Pure Storage, Nutanix, and Arista, as well as from customers and VMTurbo itself. For a complete rundown on VMT-VMworld happenings, check out this page.