In this episode, we welcome CoreOS founder and CEO, Alex Polvi. We talk about what 2015 at CoreOS was like, and what is upcoming in 2016. We touch on the strengths and challenges of open source, and Alex offers some excellent insight into his vision, that of CoreOS, and how open source is fundamental to delivering on that vision.
We also have a big announcement in this one for the CoreOS team! Congratulations on hitting the 1.0 milestone release of Rocket! The Security-minded Container Engine by CoreOS: rkt Hits 1.0
You can reach Alex Polvi on Twitter at https://twitter.com/polvi
Listen to the Podcast Right Here!
- Building out the GIFEE - Google Infrastructure for Everyone Else
- Web and digital shift driven by mobile and more causing shift in technology and thinking
- Understanding the why is the most important first step
- Fundamentally secure the Internet
- GIFEE delivers on the goal
- I love what I call the loosely-coupled corporation of https://coreos.com, https://quay.io, and https://tectonic.com
- Enabling many more open projects like Kubernetes which uses etcd
- Finding the white space in the goal and filling it it. So cool!
- Tectonic is effectively GIFEE in a box
- All API are open and interoperable
- Visit CoreOS Fest in Berlin: https://coreos.com/fest/
About the GC On-Demand Podcast
Don’t forget to subscribe to the GC On-Demand podcast through iTunes or Stitcher to make sure that you have GC On-Demand in your pocket everywhere you go using the iOS Podcasts app or your podcast app of choice on Android.
We would love it if you could rate and review is there too!
Do you have something you want to hear about in the GC On-Demand podcast? Drop a comment right here and let us know your idea using the Idea feature right here in the Green Circle:
Use the iTunes link to connect and subscribe, and as always, don’t forget to keep the conversation going right here in the Green Circle Community!