In this episode, we welcome Jonathan Frappier (@jfrappier) to talk about using Ansible as an automation and configuration management platform. Jonathan gives is great details on how to get started with Ansible, ways to learn to up your Ansible game, and what the core reasons for automation are which drive the need for configuration management and automated solutions.
Listen to the Podcast Right Here!
- Ansible has good features such as being agent less and with easily readable playbooks
- Samples can be found at http://galaxy.ansible.com
- Deploys with a single, simple control machine running on Linux
- Controls infrastructure components over SSH, WinRM
- Can run in “pull mode” for servers which want to be more in control of playbook run frequency/timing
- Success in automation comes from talking with developers (aka DevOps goodness)
- Automation increases use of policy, compliance, and understanding state
- Documentation at http://docs.ansible.com
This #vBrownBag on Ansible by Jeff Geerling is a great intro:
About the GC On-Demand Podcast
Don’t forget to subscribe to the GC On-Demand podcast through iTunes or Stitcher to make sure that you have GC On-Demand in your pocket everywhere you go using the iOS Podcasts app or your podcast app of choice on Android.
We would love it if you could rate and review is there too!
Do you have something you want to hear about in the GC On-Demand podcast? Drop a comment right here and let us know your idea using the Idea feature right here in the Green Circle:
Use the iTunes link to connect and subscribe, and as always, don’t forget to keep the conversation going right here in the Green Circle Community!