In this episode, we welcome Amy Manley (@wyrdgirl) to talk about chargeback, embracing a pricing model for IT, and building out the amplified feedback loop to the business. These are all critical to building an effective private cloud IMHO.
Listen to the Podcast Right Here!
- The seeds of private cloud require understanding costs
- Lunch and learn for biz is a great way
- Tech needs to learn business to have proper insight
- Cross the team boundaries
- Understand tiers of app needs by business requirements
- Making chargeback a priority is key
- Shameback to illustrate usage
- Coaching utilization in the sense of the whole org budget
- Automation is critical
- ITIL can be a powerful partner to automation
- Read the Phoenix Project
Amy did some great posts on her blog and here about chargeback: VMTurbo Part 2 – Chargeback | Virtual Chick
About the GC On-Demand Podcast
Don’t forget to subscribe to the GC On-Demand podcast through iTunes or Stitcher to make sure that you have GC On-Demand in your pocket everywhere you go using the iOS Podcasts app or your podcast app of choice on Android.
We would love it if you could rate and review is there too!
Do you have something you want to hear about in the GC On-Demand podcast? Drop a comment right here and let us know your idea using the Idea feature right here in the Green Circle:
Use the iTunes link to connect and subscribe, and as always, don’t forget to keep the conversation going right here in the Green Circle Community!