In this episode, we talk with Vaughn Stewart (@vStewed). We cover the all important topic of understanding business needs as a technologist, being a public voice in the tech industry, disruption, and the Pure Accelerate conference that just happened in San Francisco.
Our chat touches on the importance of being a trusted advisor, and some very interesting insight into how to do that in a tumultuous and competitive industry.
Vaughn also gives us one of the most interesting book lists to date!
Listen to the Podcast Right Here!
We talk on some very interesting topics including:
- Being the voice of technology while working in a vendor
- Key points on being a trusted advisor for customers and peers
- People have an affinity for genuine conversations
- Understand you can't deliver anything in a vacuum
- If you're educated you should know where it works well. Know where it doesn't work also.
- Be deductive versus inductive
- Crossing the streams with vendors and confusion in the marketplace for customers
- Pure Accelerate conference results and announcements
- How do you stay up to date on technology, especially with needing a long term view?
- What's your must read book?
About the GC On-Demand Podcast
Don’t forget to subscribe to the GC On-Demand podcast through iTunes or Stitcher to make sure that you have GC On-Demand in your pocket everywhere you go using the iOS Podcasts app or your podcast app of choice on Android.
We would love it if you could rate and review us there too!
Do you have something you want to hear about in the GC On-Demand podcast? Drop a comment right here and let us know your idea using the Idea feature right here in the Green Circle:
Use the iTunes link to connect and subscribe, and as always, don’t forget to keep the conversation going right here in the Green Circle Community!