VMTurbo is pleased to announce the release of v5.0 (Build 31255) which contains improvements and enhancements highlighted below.
The Goal of this Release is to continue VMTurbo's Value of Software Driven Control for the Software Defined Enterprise. We provide E2E Control (compute, storage, fabric, network) across the virtualized stack, and tighter converged infrastructure alignment to better manage of all resources across the Virtualized Data Center.
- New Control Modules to Extend and Refine the Desired States!
- Manage the tradeoff of placement with chatty VMs: Network CM
- Manage IO intensive activities with Intelligent Throttling of External Jobs: VDI CM
- Define the Desired States for Containers: Container CM
- Manage public resources for workload bursting: Hybrid Cloud CM
- Improved discovery and management: IBM WebSphere Deployment Manager targets for Application Control Module, and extending actions for heap and thread control.
- Smart Automation for VM Resizing, leveraging Hot Add configurations
- Improved Hyper-V VMM support for VLAN and discovery
- Improved modern look and feel for User Interface
- New Reporting User Experience and Workflow for adding Custom Report Queries
- Custom Dashboards: Drag and Drop flexibility, and powerful drill downs.
- Continuing extending OpenStack and KVM support
Applicable Editions and Modules
- Operations Manager (formerly Enterprise Edition)
- Virtual Health Monitor
- Cloud Control Module
- Application Control Module
- Network Control Module (New)
- VDI Control Module (New)
- Container Control Module (New)
- Hybrid Cloud Control Module (New)
This update can be applied onto any GA supported version of VMTurbo Operations Manager. Please refer to the End of Support Life KB article for information on previously released GA versions. If you are running an older version of VMTurbo (v3.3 and older) and wish to update, you should contact support to confirm the update path.
Paths to Update
If you want to go to v5.0? You can check for updates online, or get an offline update link (see related KB articles below)
Want to stay on v4.7? v4.7 Update 2 build 31199 is available in an offline update - See the article for "Software Links & How to perform an offline update" below or contact VMTurbo Support for more information. See also VMTurbo Operations Manager v4.7 Update 2 Announcement
Related KB Articles
Documentation: Release Notes (https://support.vmturbo.com/hc/en-us/articles/203612853)
Documentation: User Guides (https://support.vmturbo.com/hc/en-us/articles/200681456) and here on the GC Where to get Operations Manager User Guide
How to check for a VMTurbo Software Update (https://vmturbo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200681516)
Software Links & How to perform an offline update (https://vmturbo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200682076)
This article was updated on 10 November 2014