IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with any update Turbonomic strongly recommends that you prepare a full backup.
- The installation procedure will check whether you have adequate disk space, but to save time, you may wish to perform a quick check before proceeding. To check the disk space usage on your server, SSH into the Turbonomic instance as root (default password is vmturbo) and issue the command: "df -kh" (no quotes). Make sure you have at least 5GB of disk space left. Some upgrades may require more disk space; the actual amount is mainly dependent on the size of your database, and it's the space available to the database partition that is usually the determining factor. If you have a large installation and a large database, at least 15GB is a more reasonable estimate.
- Properly shut down the guest operating system - do not just power off the VM of the Operations Manager instance.
- Perform a snapshot (or clone the VM). This will provide a reliable restore point if you have any issues during the upgrade.
- Restart your instance.
This update may take some time to complete depending on the size of your topology and database.
PLEASE DO NOT RESTART the Turbonomic VM during this process if the UI is not responding!
If you feel that the update is not progressing, please contact Turbonomic Technical Support.
The remaining steps perform an online update, which requires that your Turbonomic instance is able to connect to the Internet, either directly or through a proxy. If this is not the case, you must perform an offline update, as described at How To Perform an Operations Manager "Offline Update" - Latest Links Included.
- Connect your UI to the Turbonomic instance to be upgraded.
- Navigate to the Admin Tab.
- Expand the Workflows pane and select the Maintenance Section
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Maintenance section and locate Software Updates:
- Click the Check button.
- If there is an update available you'll see a display similar to the above screenshot.
- If no update is available you will see No Update Available displayed. (Note: If your Turbonomic instance does not have access to the Internet, the display will always say that no update is available. In this case, you must use the offline update procedure: How To Perform an Operations Manager "Offline Update" - Latest Links Included.)
- Click Update button and wait for the update process to complete. Don’t refresh the browser during this time.