Please see the Custom Reports section which has details about the Database Definitions and number of great custom reports you can use within the product.
In order to use a SQL query on a dashboard, you will have to create a custom report first.
2. Select the "Text Radio" button and input the SQL query and any notes. (Alternatively, you can use a sql file downloaded from the Green Circle) .
3. Once this is saved, it shows up in the Custom Report List.
4. Go back to the Dashboards Tab. Click on the "Create Dashboards" Button as illustrated below.
5. Click on the "Query Result" Widget item and drag this to the main screen.
6. Select the Custom Query from the list.
7. Once you've selected the query, place and size the widget.
8. Save the Dashboard. This will now show up under the "My Dashboards" folder.