Recently update your Turbonomic instance and are no longer able to login to the web GUI? It could be that the Java version is out of date. In this document we'll review how to check your current OS and Java versions and what actions you can take to update.
First, check the OS version your instance is running.
1) SSH into your Turbonomic instance. Default login is root/vmturbo
2) Run the following command:
Check the output for "VERSION="
If your appliance is running version 12.3 then you must perform a migration to a new Turbonomic instance. Follow instructions here: Operations Manager Migration Procedure
If your appliance is running version 13.2 then let's check the Java version next.
3) Run the following command:
If your openjdk version is 1.8 you are on the latest version.
If your openjdk version is 1.7 then you must update to version 1.8.
4) Update java to 1.8 by following these steps:
- For SUSE-based appliances:
zypper install java-1_8_0-openjdk
- For CentOS-based appliances:
yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk
5) Once the installation has finished, select java 1.8 as the default version to run. Run the following command:
update-alternatives --config java
Enter the selection number associated with version jre-1.8.0
6) Reboot the Turbonomic VM:
You should now be able to login to the web interface of Turbonomic if you recently updated an older version of Turbonomic.