In order to connect Turbonomic to an AWS instance, follow the steps below:
- Create a user account (take note of the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key)
- Assign the correct permissions
- Add the Target to Turbonomic
Create User Account
- Login into the AWS Service and select IAM (Identity and Access Management) from the Services menu
- Click on Users and Create a new User Account.
- Enter the User name. Make sure that "Generate an access key for each user" is checked.
- Take note of the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key.
(copy and paste into a text document for now)
This information will not be displayed again, so if you don't take note of it now, you will have to create a new Access Key.
- On the 'Users' screen, click on the username.
- Click on the 'Permissions' tab
- Click on Attach Policy. The permissions you will need are
Add the Target to Turbonomic
1. On the Targets Menu, Select AWS under Cloud Management
For Address, you can enter "aws.amazon.com" OR provide any name you prefer to use to identify your AWS account (ie DevTest, Production). This is helpful if you have multiple AWS accounts.
Username: Access Key ID
Password: Access Key Secret