**This document is a part of the Cloud Control Setup Overview [Start Here] . Targeting Public Cloud providers requires a license key that includes those features. If you are not able to add AWS, Azure or Softlayer with your current license please reach out to email@example.com for more information.**
In order to connect Turbonomic to an AWS instance, follow the steps below:
- Create a user account (take note of the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key)
- Assign the correct permissions
- Add the Target to Turbonomic
Create User Account
- Login into the AWS Service and select IAM (Identity and Access Management) from the Services menu
- Click on Users and Create a new User Account.
- Enter the User name. Make sure that "Programmatic access" is checked.
- On the Permissions section click "Assign existing policies directly"
2. Select the below permissions:
3. Review the assigned permissions and select "Create user"
4. Take note of the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key.
(copy and paste into a text document or download the csv file)
This information will not be displayed again, so if you don't take note of it now, you will have to create a new Access Key.
Add the Target to Turbonomic
1. On the Targets Menu, Select AWS under Cloud Management
For Address, you can enter "aws.amazon.com" OR provide any name you prefer to use to identify your AWS account (ie DevTest, Production). This is helpful if you have multiple AWS accounts.
Username: Access Key ID
Password: Access Key Secret