Every once in awhile, you may need to submit log files and other diagnostic information to Turbonomic. If you're currently using the new Turbonomic Version 5.8 UI and it has a connection to the outside internet, the steps are quite simple.
2. Maintenance Options
3. Export Current Environment.
If you receive a message to the effect that the diagnostics submission has failed, it means the file cannot be sent automatically.
In this case, please follow the steps below to retrieve the file, and submit it to us manually:
1. Navigate using Firefox, Chrome or IE10+ to the /update.html URL of this instance of Turbobomic (e.g. http://MyTurbonomicIP/update.html )
2. You should see a page that looks like this. If the page does not look like this, please be sure to use a browser listed above (specifically, don’t use IE7,8 or 9 to access the page) :
3. Enter your operations manager administrator credentials.
4. When you click on “Authenticate” hold down the CTRL key (PC) or Command ⌘ key (Mac)
This puts the page into ‘expert mode’ - if you do not see the “EXPERT MODE” options shown below, reload the page and try again.
5. Select the "Download last Diagnostics File” option, and hit ‘download’. The diagnostics file zip will now be sent to your browser.