Turbonomic offers many options to create reports. Nevertheless, not all reports are created equal, literally. You may need to change the query or some other parameters of a given report. This article covers where to look for report definition files and how to edit their content
You can modify a Turbonomic report directly. First determine what type of report you are targeting since the method and location of the source file will vary:
Default (a.k.a canned) Reports, Dashboard Exported Reports or Custom Reports.
- You can browse Default Reports under /srv/reports/VmtReports
- Find the report and vi to modify the query section
- There are also Dashboard Exported Reports.
- Find the report you want under /srv/reports/pdf_files/ui_reports
- vi to modify the query section
- For Custom Reports(2), from the MariaDB there is a method. Allow me to share what I know so far.
- Know the name report you want to modify
- SSH to your Turbonomic instance.
- Login to the DB
- mysql -u(username) -p(password) vmtdb
- mysql -uroot -pvmturbo vmtdb
- Custom reports are under the [user_reports] table
- The query portion is under the <xml_descriptor> field.
- Once logged in the vmtdb, run describe user reports.
- Then run the following SELECT statement to extract the SQL for the report you want
- SELECT xml_descriptor FROM user_reports WHERE title=’report name’;
- Extract the SQL query
- Modify at wish using a text editor of your choosing (e.g. Notepad++, etc)
- At this point you can either UPDATE the filed or just create a new Custom report (using UI)
- To update just run UPDATE user_reports SET xml_descriptor = “<enter your mod query here>” WHERE title=”<report name>”;
(1) INTERNAL DOCUMENT here.
(2) Please note that a report exported from a dashboard is not considered a custom report.