Could also navigate using this Google Photo Album:
Yes Turbonomic internal documentation reference
Yes Field tested
Yes Peer revision
APPLIES TO TURBONOMIC VERSION(S):
In order to add some storage targets in Turbonomic we need to connect to an SMI-S provider. In some cases the SMI-S provider is not embedded in the storage appliance and needs to be installed as a client instead. This article aims at presenting a visual (photo) documentation of the installation and configuration procedure.
REQUIREMENTS & SCOPE:
- Windows VM
- SMI- S Provider (e.g. EMC).
- Have a Windows VM to install the SMI-S Provider
- Download the latest SMI-S Provider by your storage appliance vendor.
- Install SMI-S Provider
- Configure SMI-S Provider (access, credentials, add SPs)
- Add Turbonomic Storage Target (via SMI-S)
- Verify Turbonomic Targets
Adding EMC VNX Target (via SMI-S Provider) in Turbonomic
Verifying EMC VNX Target in Turbonomic
The specified item was not found.
(1) Thanks to firstname.lastname@example.org for this observation to add default installation path.