In order to add AppDynamics Target there are few requirements (for more details, please review the latest Target Configuration guide):
- AppD Target name (DNS) - you must ensure the name resolves on the Turbonomic server (by pining it)
- AppD Username - must be entered in the format user@<Account_Name> - see more details on how to obtain the account name below
- AppD port - the port of the AppD controller (usually 443)
To locate the account name:
- Login to the AppD controller (server:443) as a controller admin, under the gear icon on the right, choose "License"
- Under the licensing window, click on "Account" - note the name listed
NOTE: customer1 is the default name in AppD
- Use the account name listed in the format AppD-user@Account_Name, for example:
Note that it will take some time for Turbonomic to create and populate the "Business Applications" entities and stitch them to the VMs.