This article covers the process of adding Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (EA) account to Turbonomic v6.4 and higher.
Adding Microsoft EA account to Turbonomic allows it to connect to your EA Azure Rate Card and retrieve your actual Azure prices (post discount) as well as to manage Azure Reserved VM Instances (RIs) owned by the account.
Please note that after (or before) adding your EA account to Turbonomic, you will also need to add an Azure Target to allow Turbonomic to connect to the subscriptions you wish to manage. To add Azure Target to Turbonomic please follow this article to for Azure Portal or this article for Azure CLI.
To add an EA Account to Turbonomic you will need to obtain:
- Your Azure EA Enrollment Number
- Azure EA API Key
This guide assumes you have EA Admin level or equivalent access to https://ea.azure.com
Gathering the Required Number & API Key
- Head to https://ea.azure.com and login as EA Admin user
- The Enrollment Number will be displayed on the top left (below the Microsoft logo) or you can click on 'Manage' and it will be listed under 'Enrollment Number'
- The API key is also found in the Azure EA portal. To locate it, navigate to 'Reports' on the left menu, select 'Download usage' from the top menu, select 'API Access Key' from the second menu.
- Next, click on 'expand key' and then 'copy' - paste the key in a safe place.
Adding Azure EA Account in Turbonomic:
Turbonomic will first attempt to validate the information, it may take a few seconds for the target to show up in the Turbonomic UI.
Once Validated, you can expand the target window, you should see all the Azure subscription associated with this account.