Has anyone seen cud's instructions on Custom Dashboards??
Each standard dashboard includes a predefined set of information panels to focus on a specific question. What if you have a different question in mind? In that case, you can build a custom dashboard to focus on the information that interests you the most. You can choose which panels to include in the dashboard, and set the scope of each panel individually.
For example, you can create one dashboard with many panels examining the same cluster of hosts. Or you can create a dashboard that examines different clusters via the same type of panel. The following figure shows a dashboard that displays a Health pie chart for a cluster of hosts, and displays the resource utilization trend for each individual physical machine.
To create a custom dashboard:
- Open the Dashboards fly-out panel and then open the Create Dashboard panel.
2. Drag a panel type into the dashboard.
You can choose from all the different panel types that Turbonomic uses to display information in the user interface. To see examples of each panel type in action, go to the standard dashboards or look in the Inventory View.
3. Name the panel and set its scope.
When you drag a panel type onto the grid, the Edit Panel dialog box appears where you can name the panel and set its scope. Scope determines what part of your environment the panel will focus on. For example, you can set up a dashboard with a Change Log panel that shows all the changes that have occurred on a specific cluster. You can set a different scope to each panel you add to the dashboard, or you can add a number of panels all with the same scope.
4. Drag the panel to place it in the grid, or to resize it.
5. Repeat these steps to add more panels to the dashboard
6. When you are satisfied with the panel collection, save the dashboard.Click the Save icon () and name the dashboard. You can now use this dashboard to view your environment in real time, or to generate reports. You can go to the Reports view to schedule generation of this dashboard’s report at regular intervals.
You can always edit an existing dashboard:
- To drag new panels onto the grid, select the dashboard in the Dashboards fly-out panel and click Edit ().This opens
- To change a panel’s scope or name, click the a panel, click the panel’s Settings icon.
- To delete the a panel, click the panel’s Close box.
This comes directly from our User Guide which can be found directly in the Turbonomic Platform:
We would love to see some different use cases and share ideas!