amit.panchal

Vendors and Customers - Why everyone needs to be involved !!!

Discussion created by amit.panchal on Jun 19, 2016
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 by amit.panchal

Recently I've been involved with a lot of conversations with various customers and as a former customer it has really surprised me how vendors aren't always loved by the customer community.

So how can we change this....?? TRUST !!

It's key that vendors don't go knocking at customer's doors with a hard sell. Customers have challenges and pain in their datacenters and it's up to vendors to understand this and see how and if they can help. It's a 2 way street and building trust is paramount. At the end of the day if vendors show they are of value then the customers are more likely to open up and allow fluent conversations.

As a former customer I used to be very welcoming to vendors as long as they treated me like a colleague and showed me they were willing to have a conversation and it could have even been about topics not pertinent to what they were selling.

Vendors tend to have a bad reputation. Not all of them but a lot of them. This can be down to history in an account of customers hating the way the same vendors always comes in (with no coffee or doughnuts) and tries to sell the next best thing since sliced bread.

Key message here is that the relationship works both ways so customers please share your pains and frustrations and vendors - make sure you don't go in with a hard sell.

So what do you all think ? What are your experiences ?

Outcomes