What are some of your reasons for choosing a manual RedHat (RH)/CentOS installation over using the OpenSuse appliance? (As described in docs like Install Turbonomic on RedHat 7.x (CentOS) )
Is for things like:
1. Need to maintain VMTurbo within our existing OS support structure? (Don't want/Can't use OpenSuse, you can only support in-place OS upgrades for RH/Variants)
2. Require OS vendor support be available (Your company requires RH support licenses)
3. Security requirement - Require SELinux lockdowns, security team only supports RH, requires OS installation matching their approved KickStart/template, etc.
4. Require more granular control over what services are used internally (MariaDB or newest GA line like 5.7.x, etc)
5. We left Suse after VMWare stopped their built-in licensing agreement
6. Just like to roll my own