i have a 5 node esxi cluster. One of node is having issues with any VM that get vmotioned to this host. . Any VM that are pre running on this particulat host has no issue. So i do not want to take this esxi out of cluster.
So if i understand this correctly you do not want to move any VMs within the cluster to that host, but you still want the VMs that are living on that particular host to live there, or are you okay with them moving as needed?
In that case what I would do is create a placement policy. We can setup a "placement" policy for the VMs within the cluster that aren't currently on the host so that they ONLY move to other hosts in the cluster. This is the process i would do for that:
1) Go into Settings, then Groups. Create a group for the VMs you do not want to move to that host. Then create a group for the other hosts in the cluster (aka not the one that is having issues with vMotions)
2) From settings then go into policies. Click on "+ placement policy"
Its pretty straight forward from there but just to be clear:
3) Select "place" for the type
4) Select the consumers to be Virtual Machines, and use the "group" button to select the VM group we just made.
5) Select the provider to be Physical Machines, and use the "group" button to select that group of hosts that we also made.
6) Make sure the checkbox "Limit workload entities to placement group" is checked off.
7) Name and save your policy.
This policy says that for the VMs that do not live on that esxi node, only move them between the other hosts within the cluster.
Let me know if this answers your question or not.
Retrieving data ...